1. Harriet Beecher Stowe- uncle tom’s cabin: anti-slavery novel ( fictional ) ( DABCD )
2. State of Liberia- ( Africa ) autonomy. stable
3. Luis Tappan- helped Theodore Well. He was a affluent New York man of affairs who had house burnt down by angry rabble.
4. William Lloyd Garrison- Wrote liberator newspaper. ace extremist ( influenced John Brown. He thought merely was to be armed and fight back. He hired an editor who wld leave & amp ; get down his ain paper ( Fredrick Douglas ) . Burned fundamental law in choler.
5. David Walker- former slave who was able to purchase himself out. bloody extremist.
6. Nat Turner- Was a slave in Virginia who fled. and arranged the slave rebellion. But got arrested/executed bc person snitched. He was besides a sermonizer despite non being to the full literate. Bc of him. state of affairs got worse & A ; more ppl got scared.
7. Sir Walter Scott- English author who romanticized bondage
8. Theodore Dwight Weld- powerful & A ; started emancipation. Was leader of Lane Rebels. Wrote powerful antislavery plant.
9. Elijah Lovejoy- sermonizer of immoralities of bondage and emancipationist sufferer. He was round to decease by angry rabble.
10. John Brown- murdered people
11. Primary market for Southern cotton production: Britain
12. Confederacy tried 2 get aid from: Britain
13. Among eco effects of South. wht was a bad effect? Dependent on North ( fabricating & A ; fabric ; ingestion of cotton ( trade )
a. 10 % in South. & A ; 90 % in North ( fabrication )
14. Most southerner slaves had: fewer than 10
15. A big part of net incomes of cotton went to: North Traders & A ; makers ( European )
16. Merely group of Southerners who opposed white slave proprietors: Appalachian Mountain Whites ( independent )
17. members of plantation owner nobility had: acute sense for society and what they did
18. Most pro brotherhood of white Southerners: Appalachian mountain work forces
19. By 1860. flight for slaves was most different in: Newer provinces of Alabama. Mississippi. Louisiana ( hardest slave life )
20. Possibly the slaves greatest horror: forced separation of households
21. Forced September of household most occurred in: little plantation and farms in upper South
22. Most slaves raised in: stable 2-person families
23. Those in North who opposed absolutist believed: making upset in America
24. Conflict between Taylor & A ; Whig party leader clay issue was: banking & A ; duties
25. To convey more $ into Federal exchequer. John Taylor: signed into jurisprudence alteration that protected duty
26. Nomination of James Polk in election anticipated by: Expansionists
27. Wilmot Provision: allowed bondage & A ; symbolized firing issue of bondage on district
28. Largest individual district addition: Louisiana Purchase
29. Spanish Franciscan missionaries treated Spanish of California: really harshly/badly/almost like slaves.
30. Group that was most supp. of deriving control: Northern Democracy